Venture Capital in the Rockies Winter Conference Reveals
Selected Early-Growth Companies
28th Annual Conference Features Standouts from Rocky Mountain Region;
Includes Clean Technology Track of Companies
Denver, CO, January 18, 2011 – In its 28th year, the Rocky Mountain Venture Capital Association and KPMG LLP today announced the lineup of early-growth companies for the annual Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) 2011 Winter conference, including a new track of clean technology companies.
The VCIR Winter 2011 conference will be held at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, Colorado, February 8-10 with promising growth companies participating from the Rocky Mountain region. The highlighted companies come from the clean technology, mobile, healthcare, advertising, telecommunications, and information technology industries.
“Even in a challenging economy, this year’s presenting companies demonstrate that great companies built on innovation are still being started and are growing,” said Michael Bearup, partner, KPMG LLP.
George Bodenheimer, president of ESPN and ABC Sports and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks will give this year’s opening keynote. As the company’s longest-tenured top executive, Bodenheimer’s strong focus on creativity, cutting-edge innovation and teamwork continues to be a driving force for success at ESPN and Disney Media Networks.
“The Rocky Mountain region continues to be a excellent place to create and operate new companies,” said Brian Wallace, chairman of VCIR and managing partner of Access Venture Partners, a Denver-based venture capital firm. “The VCIR Winter conference over the past decade has been a launching pad for many early-growth companies to receive funding from investors across the United States.
“A strong clean technology presence has erupted throughout the region and we are excited to be highlighting such an internationally popular industry,” he continued.
Due to an increased attendance of clean technology companies, this year’s conference will dedicate a track to provide clean energy focused attendees a simplified conference experience.
Clean Technology Track
· Albeo Technologies manufactures high quality, long-lasting LED lighting products for commercial and industrial facilities.
· Boulder Ionics creates ionic liquids to enable new classes of ultracapacitors and batteries for electric vehicles and grid-scale energy storage.
· INOTEC is an environmental biotechnology company providing solutions to remove metals and inorganics from water to deliver cleaner water using more effective systems that represent new, more economical concepts in water treatment.
· Inovus Solar is an outdoor street and area lighting company dedicated to engineering and manufacturing lighting products that utilize renewable energy and innovative technology.
· ITN Energy Systems is an energy company developing new methods and applications of thin-film battery technology for defense and commercial markets.
· Luca Technologies is a next‐generation energy company creating new sources for stable, long-term natural gas production by recycling existing oil and gas infrastructure and applying biotechnologies to access previously unrecoverable energy resources.
· Power Tagging Technologies is an energy technology company dedicated to improving the overall efficiency between energy providers and their end users by providing a real-time, schematic map of the electrical grid.
General Technology Track
· Alianza is a hosted voice platform company that enables wireless broadband operators to quickly deliver voice services and applications to residences, small-medium business, and enterprise customers.
· AventuraHQ is a software company that implements a hardware and software agnostic solution exclusively to hospitals to increase efficiency of EMRs at the point of care.
· Catheter Connections is a company that develops and commercializes innovative vascular access products designed to protect patients from acquiring infections during periods of intravenous infusion therapy.
· Giveo is a developer of the first hosted platform for branded, crowd-sourced cause-marketing campaigns and social fundraising. The SaaS-based marketing and campaign management platform enables highly personalized cause and fundraising campaigns, building greater brand and customer loyalty and creating stronger connections between organizations, their causes and their key audiences.
· GutCheck is a company pioneering a new category of market research by providing businesses with real-time feedback from their target customers through a do-it-yourself, qualitative online platform.
· Accurence is a software solution provider that makes the adjusting of claims more accurate, consistent, intelligent, and efficient using SETTLEASSIST, it’s proprietary on-site inspection and software-based decision-intelligence engine.
· mediaFORGE is a retargeting company creating measurable lift for online advertisers. We reengage website abandoners with personalized, interactive banner ads, thus creating revenue and results that would have otherwise been lost.
· MOSORO is a stealth company connecting Bluetooth enabled objects through smartphone apps to the Internet enabling new ways to interact with and monetize the objects around us.
· NextGen Storage provides network storage solutions that provide Quality of Service (“QoS”) for virtualized applications utilizing solid-state storage devices.
· Orbotix works with consumer electronics companies and developers to bring phone controlled open devices to market.
· Panoptic Security is a technology security company that specializes in PCI compliance programs for small and mid-size merchants, ISOs, Acquiring Banks and credit card processors.
· Radish Systems is improving the way businesses communicate with smart mobile device users through its ChoiceView technology platform, allowing visual information to be shared during a phone call with smart mobile device users and results in faster, more rewarding mobile communications.
The three-day conference is focused on both new companies and new ideas, as well as giving attendees a chance to network with over 300 investors, CEOs, entrepreneurs, and service professionals.
Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) is the region’s oldest and best attended venture capital conference and will hold its 28th annual VCIR Winter edition in Beaver Creek, Colorado in 2011. Along with the annual VCIR Fall conference, the two VCIR conferences encompass the premier venture investing conferences in the Rocky Mountain region and among the most respected venture conferences in the country. Creating a dynamic marketplace for ideas and investment, both editions of VCIR invites 35 to 40 companies seeking investment to present to panels of venture investors, as well as an audience of other entrepreneurs, CEOs and professionals servicing the venture community. More information can be found at www.vcirwinter.com